Tuesday 22 October 2013

Day 6 - Plyometric Cardio Circuit

Today I did my final workout for week 1 and it was the Plyometric Cardio Circuit routine. This was the same routine that I did last Friday (Day 2) and although it was still an extremely hard session I felt that I managed to complete more than I did when I did it on Day 2. I still had to take some rest breaks but not as many and I think that my form is definitely getting better and my core is getting stronger. I am still having trouble with the press-up based drills but today I did at least manage a few more than last time. So progress is evident and this is all that matters to me. Generally I feel that this week has given me the foundation I need to carry on with the full programme. I am really enjoying it and already feel that my body is starting to tone up. I am excited thinking about what I will be like when the programme is finished given how much better I feel after just week 1!

I am also pleased to report that the ache/pain in my left inner thigh seems to have gone and wasn't an issue at all in my workout this morning. I am getting better at the stretches although I am still a long way off being as flexible as I need to be, so more work is needed here!

In addition to this, next week I also need to focus more on my nutrition. I have a fairly healthy diet but there is definitely still room for improvement!

...think I will invest in some cross trainers too in preparation for week 2 as my old running shoes are OK but I really think I could do with something more supportive...

P.S. I have worked out that my 60 days (well its actually 63!) finishes on Wednesday 18th December, so this is great as it means that I will have my new healthy, fit and lean body in time for Christmas :-)

Week 1's schedule so far (my tick list!):
Thursday (17/10/13): Fit Test 1 - COMPLETE
Friday (18/10/13): Plyometric Cardio Circuit - COMPLETE
Saturday (19/10/13): Cardio Power & Resistance -COMPLETE
Sunday (20/10/13): Cardio Recovery - COMPLETE
Monday (21/10/13): Pure Cardio - COMPLETE
Tuesday (22/10/13): Plyometric Cardio Circuit - COMPLETE
Wednesday (23/10/13): Rest day 

No comments:

Post a Comment