Friday 18 October 2013

Day 2 - Plyometric Cardio Circuit

Another day completed! and today it was the Plyometric Cardio Circuit...

I completed this session early this morning again (6:15am)- I am trying to get into a early morning routine for these sessions as I think on most days this will be the best time for me to be able to complete them. I am just hoping that the more I start to get up early the easier it will be

...doing exercise at this time in the morning certainly sets me up better for the day ahead.

When I got out of bed I could feel some aches, which shows that I did work hard during the fit test yesterday. The aches were not painful but just enough to be encouraging that what I did yesterday has done something (in a positive way!), and thankfully it wasn't bad enough to impede today's session. I am just hoping that I can keep on top of the 'aches' as the week progresses as I am sure that they will get worse this week whilst my body and muscles adapt to new exercises and movements.

Today's session was again hard (really hard at times) but I assumed as much, I have a feeling that all the sessions will be the same and for me that's good as I like to be challenged and this is certainly doing that. Even the warm up had me sweating buckets and I had to open the windows half way through to get some air into the room!

The session itself was very fast paced (40 minutes in total, including a 5 minute warm up and a 5 minute warm down and some great stretching). It took me a few minutes to get used to the exercises and especially to get coordinated but after a few minutes I had got the hang of it and I was fully in the swing of the programme. The exercises that I have the most trouble with are those that require me to do press ups, I literally cannot do a press up, well I can manage one but that's it!, so I know that this is a weak area for me and something for me to work on. 

Anyway, still feeling very motivated and really enjoying it...looking forward to tomorrow's Cardio Power & Resistance session!

Week 1's schedule so far (my tick list!):

Thursday (17/10/13): Fit Test 1 - COMPLETE
Friday (18/10/13): Plyometric Cardio Circuit - COMPLETE
Saturday (19/10/13): Cardio Power & Resistance
Sunday (20/10/13): Cardio Recovery
Monday (21/10/13): Pure Cardio
Tuesday (22/10/13): Plyometric Cardio Circuit
Wednesday (23/10/13): Rest day 

No comments:

Post a Comment